Lead Sheets, Circles, Foils, Diaphragms & Plates

 

Lead Sheets are important product made from Pure Lead / Lead Alloy. Lead Sheets have major importance in chemical and related industries as Lead Metal being resistant against wide range of chemicals.

Lead Sheets are also used in x-ray and gamma-ray protection, building construction for roofing and flashing, shower pans, flooring, vibration damping and soundproofing. Lead Sheets are used in chemical industries and building construction is made from either Pure Lead or Lead-Antimonial Alloy up to 6% normally. Calcium-Lead and Calcium-Lead-Tin Alloys are also suitable for many of these applications of Lead Sheets Manufacturing.

We offer Lead Sheets from 0.5mm to 60mm thickness, length up to 80' ft and width up to 6.5' ft subject to the thickness. Our normal composition options are:

  1. Pure / Chemical Lead

  2. Antimonial Lead

  3. Calcium Lead

We also offers custom Lead Alloys to meet your specifications to produce Lead sheets.
   

The benefits of Lead Sheets are considerable: it is rugged, flexible and long lasting and has considerable aesthetic appeal. Around 75% of the Lead Sheets consumed by the building industry is used as flashings or weathering to prevent water penetrating at points such as the bases of chimney stacks and abutments. The remaining 25% or so of the Lead Sheets are used for roofing and cladding. The use of Lead for roofing is by no means confined to traditional applications such as churches and historic buildings; architects have been won over to the attractive and long lasting properties of Lead Sheets for modern buildings, both for roofing and for the vertical cladding of external walls.

Tube Plate

 

By virtue of its resistance to chemical corrosion, Lead Sheets also finds use for the lining of chemical treatment baths, acid plants and storage vessels.

The high density of Lead Sheets and its "limpness" makes it a very effective material for reducing the transmission of noise through partitions and doors of comparatively lightweight construction. Often the Lead Sheets are adhesively bonded to plywood or to other building boards for convenience of handling. Current developments include a whole range of composite materials employing Lead Sheets for the reduction of noise in industry and from engines of all sorts. A particular advantage of Lead's high density is that only relatively thin layers are needed to suppress the transmission of sound. This makes for important space savings in the design of large modern buildings such as hotels and office blocks.